We also offer evening meals on request
- We do not have a liquor license, so we invite you to bring your own bottles or
cans, for chilling in the fridges that are provided for our guests to use.
- Egg mayonnaise (V).
- Fan of melon (V) alone, or with Palma ham.
- Freshly squeezed fruit or vegetable juice of your choice.
- Homemade vegetarian soups: carrot and orange; leek and potato; minestrone;
- Pates: smoked mackerel; smoked salmon; coarse or smooth country pate, all
served with Melba toast.
- Prawn cocktail.
- Seafood platter: smoked salmon and prawns, with or without Rose Marie
- Stuffed mushrooms (V).
- V = Suitable for vegetarians
- Roast chicken, beef, pork, or lamb served with the customary trimmings,
roast potatoes and parsnips, plus seasonal vegetables.
- Homemade casseroles containing: chicken, ham and leek; chicken in white wine
and cream; beefsteak with onions and/or kidney; or vegetables only (V).
- Any of the casseroles come as pies, topped with short crust or flaky pastry.
- Traditional beef lasagne or vegetarian lasagne (V).
- Shepherds’ pie (lamb) and Cottage pie (beef).
- Roast ham with a white sauce of your choice, plus pineapple slices or an egg.
- Salmon fillets with a white sauce of your choice.
- Salads with assorted cold meats, cheese (V) or quiche (V).
- Depending on the season, potatoes can be roasted, mashed, baked in their
jackets or simply boiled when new. The latter will often come from Sue’s own
garden, and the lamb will have been reared on her family’s farm.
- Apple Pie with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Banoffee pie: bananas in a toffee sauce, topped with double cream.
- Bread and butter pudding.
- Cheesecakes: blackcurrant, cherry, lemon or your suggestion.
- Chocolate roulade, chocolate torte and rich chocolate pots.
- Crumble topping over apples, plums or rhubarb.
- Eton Mess: a mixture of crushed meringue, fresh fruit and cream.
- Fresh fruit salad.
- Lemon meringue pie.
- Lemon syllabub: an old English dessert combining sugar, sweet white wine,
double cream and fresh lemons.
- Pavlova: meringue and cream decorated with fresh fruit.
- Summer pudding, which usually contains a selection of fruit from our own
- Followed by coffee or tea of your choice and mint chocolates.
* Please remember to make us aware of any special dietary requirements or allergies.
Copyright © 2013 Kirkstead Old Mill Cottage, All Rights Reserved.